Search for events by industry:
- This event has passed.
WIA: Career Paths in Architecture
October 15, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
There are many directions one can take with one’s career following an architectural education. A dynamic group of women working in and around the field of architecture will each do a very brief presentation of the varying paths on which architecture has taken them. Presentations to be followed by panel discussion.
The presenters/panellists will be:
• Barbara Gordon – Facilities Planner, UBC
• Carman Kwan – Principal, Hearth Architectural Inc.
• Danica Djurkovic – Director of Facilities Planning and Development, City of Vancouver
• Kirsten Reite – Principal, Kirsten Reite Architecture
• Kristalina Dinovsky-Kutev – Senior Associate, Kasian
• Latty Kashani – Workplace Consultant, Brooks Corning
Learning objectives will be:
• The architectural profession has a need for many roles and strengths, in the varied aspects
of practicing architecture. These women each fill certain roles, following their individual strengths,
areas of comfort, ambitions, aspirations, and opportunities.
• What challenges women face in their architectural careers that may lead them into certain career
• What inspirations or motivations might lead someone down a particular career path.
This is also a great opportunity to see the newly opened UBC AMS Nest (new student union building).
When: Thursday, 15 October, 2015
Time: 6:00 -8:30 PM
Where: Room 2508 – AMS Nest
6133 University Blvd., UBC
Parking is easiest at either the North Parkade or Health Sciences Parkade.
WIA events are free and open to all interested.