Search for events by industry:
- This event has passed.
Nature, People & Design
April 26, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$30
Light House Sustainable Building Centre is pleased to invite you to join us on April 26, 2016 for a morning session of inspiration on Nature, People & Design at the Bill Reid Gallery in Vancouver, BC.
As the first session of our 2016 seminar series, Nature, People & Design will feature multidisciplinary insights from both industry and academia. This session will focus on how nature can be used to enhance human health and wellbeing in the built environment.
Topics and speakers:
- Natural Urban Environments and Mental Health – Emily Rugel, UBC School of Population and Public Health
- Designing with Nature – Ken Larsson, Connect Landscape Architecture, with special guest Cornelia Oberlander
- Biophilic Design – Kaitlyn Gillis, Light House Sustainable Building Centre
- Biomimicry and the Genius of Place – Mona Lemoine, McLennan Design
- Beyond Structure: Wood and Health – David Fell, FP Innovations
2016 is the year of Health. Everyone is talking about the new WELL Building Standard®. Design professionals are looking at research from the fields of psychology and public health to inform their designs. Bringing people back to the forefront of sustainable design gives us an opportunity to expand beyond some of the past thinking around sustainability and look towards new strategies that put people back into the conversation. Nature, People & Design will provide cutting-edge and inspirational insight on how nature can be used in design to inform positive health outcomes for people.
- 8:30 AM – Doors open
- 9:00 AM – Opening Remarks
- 9:10 AM – Presentations
- 10:10 AM – Health/Technology Break
- 10:20 AM – Presentations
- 11:00 AM – Q/A
- 11:20 AM – Closing remarks
- 11:25 AM – Networking
Note: Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
This event has been approved for 2 AIBC Core Learning Units.
Light House is pleased to offer a limited number of complimentary tickets for those with financial need. Please contact Kaitlyn (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.