Get In Touch
1955 East Hastings Street,
Vancouver, BC V5L 1T5
T. 778.373.3377 / F. 778.373.3388
Search for events by association:
Search for events by industry:
Architects Interior Designers Landscape Architects Lighting Designers Engineers Galleries + Museums All Events
Please arrive by 7:30 AM to sign-in.
Energy benchmarking allows owners and managers to compare the performance of their buildings against others in their portfolio, and to similar facilities across Canada. This course will provide step-by-step guidance for new users of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to begin working with this free, online tool to analyze building performance. Participants will learn how inputs such as occupancy, operating hours and vacancy rates influence results, common errors, and how to manage data outside of Portfolio Manager to ensure accuracy over time. The session will include live demonstrations of the steps required to add and update key inputs.
The course will cover:
• Why energy benchmarking is important;
• The status of Ontario’s upcoming, mandatory EWRB regulation;
• An overview of ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager;
• Understanding the ENERGY STAR® score and related building performance metrics;
• Key considerations for various property types;
• Common misconceptions about ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager;
• Common challenges and pitfalls;
• How to keep good records;
• Steps for entering water use data;
• Additional training resources available through NRCan and the EPA;
• Taking action – utility and government supports for energy and water conservation.
This session will be led by Maeri Machado. Maeri is the Team Manager for WSP’s Vancouver Sustainability team, as well as Project Principal and Technical Lead on many of WSP’s major projects in BC and Alberta. With a background in engineering, she has experience in sustainable community planning, LEED® project consultation, P3 (Pursuit) projects, sustainable design consulting and facilitation, and energy audits/retro-commissioning.
GBCI hours: 1
A continental breakfast will be provided.